The Agenda Priorities
The Early Childhood Agenda began with conversations that led us to focus on action areas of early childhood. Exploring these areas led to the creation of the Early Childhood Agenda, a list of 10 priorities for building a stronger early childhood system over the next two years.
- Financially Secure Families
- High-Quality Experiences
- Thriving Early Childhood Workforce
- Robust System Infrastructure and Local Partnerships
- Healthy Beginnings
2. Advance workforce compensation
3a. Support tax credit fairness
LEAD ADVOCATE: Healthy Families Tax Credits Coalition
4. Support developmental monitoring, screening, referrals and delivery of services
WORKGROUP FACILITATORS: United Way of Massachusetts Bay and Merrimack Valley and Massachusetts Act Early
5. Build on quality improvement infrastructure for programs and services
7a. Improve state governance: Create a children’s cabinet
LEAD ADVOCATE: Child and Adolescent Health Initiative
Join this established alliance by contacting Greg Hagan at email@example.com!
7b. Improve state governance: Establish a common application for public benefits
LEAD ADVOCATE: Common Application Coalition
Chapter 174 passed! This recommendation is going to be a reality for children and families. Stay tuned for implementation updates.
8. Develop public education campaign
WORKGROUP FACILITATOR: Boston Area Reggio Inspired Network (BARIN)